Rocket fluid tank decal question

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Rocket fluid tank decal question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    62turbojet
    Participant

I’m in the middle of restoring the rocket fluid tank for my 62 jetfire. I have seen 2 different types of decals that go on the tanks. A silver one with black text and a white one with red text. Mine is missing but I believe it took the silver one. Anyone know the difference in these two in regards to if one was specific to 62 or 63 or different options on the cars. Thanks

JimNoel
    Participant

The black letters on the silver background is the original, factory issue label for all 1962 and 63 Jetfires. The red letter on a white background label was supplied with the 6-3-64 Oldsmobile “recall” for addition of the external depressurization valve on all known Jetfire cars.

Depressure63-W-39-1

DepressureValvePg-1t

DepressureValvePg-2t

IMG_2253t

Attachments:
    62turbojet
    Participant

Ahh I see. Interesting. Do you know if anyone reproduces the silver label still?

JimNoel
    Participant

At one time there were two sources for the silver label and one source for the white label. I do not know just what their inventory might be at this time. They both are members of this website. Just wait and see if they will respond to your question? I only have two of each in my possession, and want to keep both.

jgietzen
    Participant

Yes, I just bought a reproduced one that is silver/black. The vendor was Bruce Levey Antique Auto Parts. You can find him on e-bay. Let me know how you make out…..john

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum