Member: Jetfire1

Member: 62oldsf85

Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog Roto-5 Tranny ……… Your Out of There!!!!!

Roto-5 Tranny ……… Your Out of There!!!!!

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Roto-5 Tranny ……… Your Out of There!!!!!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  62cutlassconvert 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

911pilot
    Participant

Again, I did not to go with the TH200 instead, I went with the 700R4 (1990 or older) worked great and again the amount of firewall fab work was minimal.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Sorry 911, I think he’s talking to me..

911pilot
    Participant

My bad 🙂

captiannapalm
    Participant

yes i was 62.sorry pilot

captiannapalm
    Participant

So I found a TH200.. The seller gave me the tag number 84-01-13245, and I think the casting number 3fm320825. I have searched all over , and cannot find any info. Anyone?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Make sure its a th200C which has lock up. You buying rebuilt or used? I wouldn’t buy a used one , you need to buy a rebuild by a shop that knows them and how to do the HD iimprovements. You might buy a core cheap that is guaranteed rebuildable if you have an experienced shop in mind that can build it how you want it done but then the shop can usually supply the core at a cost and you don’t have to worry about getting a trashed out core that can’t be rebuilt. Don’t have any idea what the numbers mean, check your shop.

joe_padavano
    Participant
    So I found a TH200.. The seller gave me the tag number 84-01-13245, and I think the casting number 3fm320825. I have searched all over , and cannot find any info. Anyone?

3FM320825 is the VIN derivative.

3 = Oldsmobile Division
    F = model year 1985
    NOTE: the other tag indicates a 1984 model year. Are you sure this is an “F” and not an “E”? E would be correct for 1984.
    M = Lansing assembly plant
    320825 = last six digits from the VIN of the car it came from.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

1984 should be a TH200C with lockup. There will an electrical connector on the left (driver) side. It will have either 1 (internal al ground) or 2 pins (external ground). Make sure you can get your money back if it’s not rebuildable. Use a shop that is performance oriented to the TH200 like REMAC. ATI or Turbo Action who make cast alum pans for these trans may be able to recommend a shop in your area.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of johnsage
Profile picture of mirrormatic
Profile picture of young_olds
Profile picture of kid442
Profile picture of rusty1
Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of JimNoel
Profile picture of doctorg
Profile picture of ncuevas79
Profile picture of luizsimoes