Roto-5 Tranny ……… Your Out of There!!!!!

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Roto-5 Tranny ……… Your Out of There!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    911pilot
    Participant

Again, I did not to go with the TH200 instead, I went with the 700R4 (1990 or older) worked great and again the amount of firewall fab work was minimal.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Sorry 911, I think he’s talking to me..

911pilot
    Participant

My bad 🙂

captiannapalm
    Participant

yes i was 62.sorry pilot

captiannapalm
    Participant

So I found a TH200.. The seller gave me the tag number 84-01-13245, and I think the casting number 3fm320825. I have searched all over , and cannot find any info. Anyone?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Make sure its a th200C which has lock up. You buying rebuilt or used? I wouldn’t buy a used one , you need to buy a rebuild by a shop that knows them and how to do the HD iimprovements. You might buy a core cheap that is guaranteed rebuildable if you have an experienced shop in mind that can build it how you want it done but then the shop can usually supply the core at a cost and you don’t have to worry about getting a trashed out core that can’t be rebuilt. Don’t have any idea what the numbers mean, check your shop.

joe_padavano
    Participant

[quote quote=14172]So I found a TH200.. The seller gave me the tag number 84-01-13245, and I think the casting number 3fm320825. I have searched all over , and cannot find any info. Anyone?[/quote]

3FM320825 is the VIN derivative.

3 = Oldsmobile Division
    F = model year 1985
    NOTE: the other tag indicates a 1984 model year. Are you sure this is an “F” and not an “E”? E would be correct for 1984.
    M = Lansing assembly plant
    320825 = last six digits from the VIN of the car it came from.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

1984 should be a TH200C with lockup. There will an electrical connector on the left (driver) side. It will have either 1 (internal al ground) or 2 pins (external ground). Make sure you can get your money back if it’s not rebuildable. Use a shop that is performance oriented to the TH200 like REMAC. ATI or Turbo Action who make cast alum pans for these trans may be able to recommend a shop in your area.

captiannapalm
    Participant

I mentioned in a previous post abouta shop in CA. The guy was pushing a C-4 on me with a ford driveshaft.. I talked to him about the 200c, and he said that the 200c uses a computer… I know the 200R4 does. Anyway then he was pushing a 289 motor. I think he got clueless when I told him what I had. Just an FYI.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

You need a controller to provide 12volts to the 200c in order for the lockup to engage. I haven’t looked back in this post but I think we discussed the B&M adjustable lock up controller that integrates with your stop light switch, or you can just use a manual switch to provide power.

I believe the 200r4 is the same, someone can confirm.

The 200c is a manual shift linkage. There may be computer controlled 200r4 but the ones I have used are a manual shift linkage and they re plentiful.

I’d find another trans guy.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum