Rubber Foot Flange Gasket Needed!!

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Rubber Foot Flange Gasket Needed!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kid442
    Participant

Wanted: rubber foot flange gasket needed!

After driving my car for about 2000 miles it started stalling all the time! Choke on or off move the idle up no improvement! After checking everything twice there is a huge vacuum leak at the foot flange. I have one that may work but need to find the best I can. We all know its 8 hours of work to change that part.

OK anyone that has a nice foot flange rubber gasket please contact me. Send a message through the forum.
    Thanks
    Ken

Attachments:
    oaklyss
    Participant

Ken, is there a crack in the middle between the flanges? That’s where they usually crack. As we all know, never use silicone sealant where gas is in contact with it because gasoline dissolves silicon sealant.
    There is a sealant called “Motoseal” that is like silicon and works great on these gaskets, even if they are cracked. Just coat the entire inside and get between the flanges on the outside. It is gasoline resistant.
    I use Permatex Aviation form a gasket where the gasket meets the manifold and turbo housing. It is gas resistant also but will allow removal much easier then Motoseal.
    Most of these flange gaskets get ripped in the middle upon removal from the manifold when they stick to it. I use a thin feeler gauge to push in to the gap between the gasket and manifold to pull off the turbo.
    These foot flange gaskets really need to be reproduced.
    The fla

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum