Steel sash channel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Does anyone have a good lower sash channel for the side glass? Or does anyone know where to get a new one other than the $120 one that Steele Rubber offers? If I have to I will get it but thought there would be a lower priced option. I can weld and rechrome as needed but just need the lower channel. I assume the ones on a post car is shorter? I have not looked yet.

JimNoel
    Participant

I looked for replacements too. Only ones I could find were from Steele. They do require welding of the old brackets to the sash and a re-chrome job. I saved $100 by not having the chrome job buffed. The project is not low cost but I sure like the final result. Probably ended up with about $500 in the project!

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Thanks. I will just have to spend the money and get it. I only have to do the driver side door. the other three are nice.

oaklyss
    Participant

How do you get the glass out of the frames?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I put the entire glass down on an old baby mattress then had a block of wood I set on the glass and then tapped on the block of wood with a rubber hammer. Come right off. There are two screws on the one end that need removed first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum