Today is JETFIRE'S 50th Birthday!

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Today is JETFIRE'S 50th Birthday!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi to all you Turborocketeer’s!
    Thanks for keeping the Jetfire car and name alive and well for 50 years!
    TODAY is the 50th Birthday of the official GM/Oldsmobile introduction to the world! I have attached the original press release to announce the new car, April 20 1962…Jetfire!
    More to come. Keep um BOOSTED up!
    Jim
    (The attachments would not take. Jim has now put the intro press kit on the home page.)

jensenracing77
    Participant

that’s awesome. is this the day of the press release or the first day it was available to buy. i would like to have mine done by June 18th but i don’t think it can happen right now. June 18th is the day ours was bought new.

perkinsrk
    Participant

I just posted the press release in an article on the home page of this site. Check it out!

JimNoel
    Participant

I do believe the first Jetfire cars were not sold until April 20, 1962. The factory had made a couple thousand, in advance, and had shipped to all dealers for the introduction day. At our Oldsmobile dealership in the Minneapolis area, I recall seeing a Jetfire that was covered and hidden in the service area of the dealership in early April of 1962, however, none were put on the sales floor until the 20th. The first sales brochure I saw is attached.
    Jim

JF1-1

JF1-2

JF1-3

JF1-4

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum