turn signal lense

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bartmo
    Participant

Any one have a source for 62 cutlass turn signal lenses?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I have an NOS front set I can let go of. I would need $70 and shipping for them. I may have a used set but would likely have some imperfections in them. If I have a used usable set I would let a set go for $40 and shipping.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Do you have any front and or rear turn signal/tail light gaskets?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I think I have good used front gaskets but not sure about the back. I have some NOS ones for the back but I need to see if I have enough. I will want 4 for my car and anything more than that I could sell. I believe I have several NOS rear lenses for 61 and 62 including the 61 clear ones. If I get time tonight I will look and see what I have.

bartmo
    Participant

jensenracing77
    I would like to buy the front turn signal lenses ang gaskets. Please send info on how to pay.
    .Bartmo

bartmo
    Participant

I would like to buy the nos front turn signal lenses and gaskets. Please send info on how to pay.

Bartmo n248b@yahoo.com

jensenracing77
    Participant

I only have used gaskets but the lenses are NOS. Let me get pictures tonight and send them to your email

jensenracing77
    Participant

Just sent email. Turns out that my used gaskets are not any good.

JimNoel
    Participant

I found it almost impossible to find a set of 1962 front parking light lenses gaskets 5 years ago. I decided to make a set for my Jetfire. I used gray RTV silicone to do the job. I took an old parking light housing and old lens, cleaned them both very well. Put a light coat of Pam frying pan spray on both the lens and housing, then applied a generous coating of the gray RTV on the lens. Put the lens into the housing and applied “light” pressure with the two screws to push the lens down, but not to the bottom! Let the RTV setup for a day, then separated. The gaskets came out quite nice, not as good as originals but the work fine.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Jim, I have been playing with some mold making and never thought about it for this. Here is a video that would give the basics of what I am doing. I bet if we coated the lens and housing with soap and molded this into it, I bet it would work a little easier. Just an idea if someone wants to try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFjaVuueEU&t=41s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum