uhh… wheres the search?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts uhh… wheres the search?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    willcut
    Participant

I must be blind but I can not for the life of me find the search on the forum.
    There is a search on the site but it just searches articles. kinda useless.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Click on the red magnifying glass at the right end of the menu bar at the top of the page.

willcut
    Participant

LIke I said, thats for articles… not the forum.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

When the website was “updated” the Search function that previously existed at the bottom of the page was deleted for some reason.

The search at the top of the page does not search post topics or keywords. Only brings up the same articles no matter what you search for.

I asked the webmaster to reinstate but never received an answer. You could see my previous effort on this but of course you can’t Search to find it. It’s few pages back.

Too bad to loose such a useful feature.

joe_padavano
    Participant

So use Google. It’s a better search engine anyway. In the Google search box, type “oldsjetfire.com” (with the quotes) and then your search topic. This searches the entire site, forum and all.

willcut
    Participant

Whats the first thing you get yelled at in a forum? “SEARCH THE FORUM”. not here… drunk webmaster?

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    I also miss the ‘in site’ search function but your work around with Google search works! I will have to use it a few times to get the hang of it. Thanks for the GREAT tip!

JimNoel
    Participant

Hey willcutI am and we should all be thankful for the website! None of us pay a penny to become a member or any cost of keeping up the site, it is all free to us! Please be more careful of your posts, I don’t think any of us want it to go away!

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

So I reached the same conclusion Jim did on this lack of search and stopped my previous crusade. It would be nice to have the resident search but this forum is run at no charge and is a nice platform available to us.

Regarding the google search it does seem to work ok with an inconvenience factor I noted.
    I may be wrong here but when you find your subject through the search you click on it and it opens the Jetfires site to the subject, great!
    But you cannot view pictures cause you’re not logged in.
    When you log in it takes you to the current main page and you loose your searches subject.
    So you need to note the date of the post you found via your google search and page back once you log in to that date in the forum. I did that with a post on Self adjusting brakes I started back in 2015 and there it was with pics. A little convoluted but it works.

joe_padavano
    Participant

I just did a test. With this website open in one tab in Firefox, I opened a second tab and did a google search for a topic on the site, as I suggested above. When I open that topic, the pictures open up just fine. No gyrations, no magic, just two tabs open in the same browser.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum