Unusual 1963 Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Unusual 1963 Jetfire

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

I started a new thread to discuss this Jetfire I just found. This 63 has manual steering and brakes, electric 4 way seat (A46), Power deck lid release (A91), 14″ wheels, Remote control side mirror (D33), Courtesy lamp (U29 has switch on dash), Glove box lamp (U27), clock, Parking brake lamp (U40, red light on dash), Radio. So far that’s all I found.

I was just looking in the glove box and found: Original sales contract, Pre-delivery inspection sheet, Warranty book with plate, owner’s manual.
    The engine numbers match the numbers on the warranty plate.
    Delivery Date 12-1-62 is inside the Warranty Book. Looks like it sat on the lot about a year? Isn’t 11A on the firewall tag the date it was made? That would be November 1962 1st week?

jensenracing77
    Participant

“Jensen, don’t you have an extra 63 Turbo now?”

I have extra parts but not a complete system. I have some carburetors, Turbos(disassembled), fluid metering valves, air cleaners and throttle bodies but all of it needs rebuilt. I am replacing the 63 unit on our 62 with a red one but that is the turbo only. Some day the silver one will go on the 4 speed car we picked up but not any time soon. At this time I don’t have any intakes, exhaust manifolds, check and relief valves or fluid tanks extra. I am going to sell an air cleaner and I am looking for an extra fluid tank.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I have a friend who also has a lot of parts, no complete unit. Can put you in contact if needed. Similar situation to Jensen-no fluid tanks, or intake, or exhaust. has a waste-gate, turbos, carb, and more, all needs rebuild/refurb.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum