Member: JetfireGuy

XTR Prototype
(courtesy of General Motors)

Member: JimNoel

Member: JimNoel
Custom 1962 Jetfire Wagon

Home Blog Blog Wanting an NOS 62 tail light housing

Wanting an NOS 62 tail light housing

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Wanting an NOS 62 tail light housing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BruceM 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jensenracing77
    Participant

I still can not get the classified section to work so i am posting here. I am looking for an NOS tail light housing for a 62. I have three of them and would like to complete my set. This is part number 5951788. I don’t want a rechromed one. Only NOS. There is one on ebay now but it is dinged up a little and no box.

Thanks

BruceM
    Participant

Inboard or outboard? The outboard housings have a larger hole in back to fit the taillight bulb and socket.

jensenracing77
    Participant

I thought they were all 4 the same? I did not look at the ones on a car. I bought 3 NOS ones that are all the same part number. Maybe I have 3 of the same side? I will look at my cars tonight.

BruceM
    Participant

I took a picture to show you the difference. The housing with the smaller hole is the inboard housing that has the taillight only bulb socket. The larger hole is outboard and fits the bulb socket with the brake light, turn signal and taillight. It seems that the outboard housings are easier to find NOS. It might be possible to use an outboard housing for the inboard bulb socket, but I don’t know. I haven’t tried. Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recently Active

Profile picture of jensenracing77
Profile picture of john-sage
Profile picture of TheOtherDave
Profile picture of Jim Noel
Profile picture of scott
Profile picture of joe_padavano
Profile picture of 62 Cutlass Convert
Profile picture of Greg Oakley
Profile picture of matt zischkau
Profile picture of Ken Dennison
Profile picture of Felix j garcia