Windshield molding clips

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Windshield molding clips

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bstang
    Participant

Does anyone have a pic of the windshield trim clips or know where I can order a set for a 62. Also, was the rear window molding held in by clips?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Restoration Specialties supplied some windshield molding clips for a 62 Jetfire for us. They were not exactly the same as the old ones but very close. The body shop was happy and said they would work fine. I believe we talked with Jeff. I’ll check and see if we still have the pic and PN for you. Not sure on rear window trim status.

Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. 814-467-9842..

bstang
    Participant

Pic and PN would be awesome. I have a donor car but it has the weatherstrip mounting and trim which is completely different. My clips were completely rusted and the body man pitched them. From what I can tell from the donor car, the rear trim is just held in by the weatherstripping. No clips required. Any thoughts?

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Sorry, I’ve got the info available but haven’t been able to get it from the person yet. Coming soon, hopefully tomorrow. Don’t know offhand about the rear window trim, will need to look at the car which is at body shop. Someone here will know.

You are talking about a Jetfire??

bstang
    Participant

Not a Jetfire. 62 Cutlass 2 door

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Here’s a picture of the original clip for the windshield trim next to and then propped up on the pen, it is not available. The replacement clip supplied by jeff@restorationspecialties.com was similar and worked per the body guy. We believe that PN was 8184-CLP but we had several items ordered at that time and I am not positive. You won’t find #8184 in the RestSpecialties catalog as the order desk said those are NLA. The invoice from June this year IDs the clip as a “Reveal clip, 61-64 GM rear window But, email Jeff this picture and give him your info and see what he can come up with. He has helped out with this NLA stuff before. I believe these were used for both the windshield and rear window trim by the body shop. I can also send you a pic of the NEW clips we got when we get them back from the body shop. Good luck.

Attachments:
    bstang
    Participant

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll let you know how things turn out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum