Started cleaning the intake manifold and found that the antifreeze has eat up the inside real bad. I believe I can still use it but when I have some extra cash I will try to find an extra for when I rebuild the engine. This intake has a 158 date code on it and I would like to find one close to that.
I was also looking at the turbo setup and found that no longer than i had it running it completely coked up the turbine impeller. Obviously the seal is bad. I had already suspected that it was bad because I had some oil in it after I primed the oil pump with a drill. I had hoped that after it was spinning and with oil pressure it would seal but no luck. I was not wanting to dig into the turbo till I rebuilt the engine but looks like that is also going to have to be done now. I have the setup Jim rebuilt that I took off the automatic car still. I will pull the turbo from that setup and install it on the 4 speed carb setup. I have enough stuff that I should be able to get this system working as it should, I just didn’t want to do it yet. I will not do a “restoration” on the turbo system, just a rebuild so that it matches the used look of the car.