Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Had a great time today. Ryan stopped in and we hung out in the garage for a while then I took him to look at a 59 Corvette that was stuffed away many years ago. I rode in the car in the early 90s and not seen it since. On the way there Ryan spotted a 77 442 that I did not know was out across a field. I will look into that car soon. We then went to look at a 58,000 mile 71 Corvette 454 4 speed car. Had a great time and had me excited to work on this Jetfire when we got home and Ryan left.

For the Jetfire. I had cracked the porcelain on one of the spark plugs last Spring and they were all stuck. Almost every time I had the engine to operating temperature for the past year I would spray the spark plugs with Kroil penetrating oil. I tried to get them out again tonight and was able to get all 8 of them out. Was stuck real good but the heat cycles and the oil helped a lot.

Next for this car will be to get the turbo operational. The turbo will spool but I can not bring it to boost because of some valves that are goofed up. I want to get this turbo working but the pipe for the exhaust bypass is rusted out. Not sure if I will fix this turbo and replace the controller diaphragms or put the other turbo on it that Jim built for our automatic car. Either way, I have enough parts to rebuild the carb and all the other parts to the system.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum