You were correct oaklyss. The boost gauge was plugged up. The carb cleaner did not get it so I felt as if I had no other choice. I drilled out the back side where the tube goes into the copper. I tested pressure and vacuum from my new hole and the coil expanded and contracted like it should. I then took a smaller drill bit and drilled into the tube from my new hole I made. It cleaned out the tube and then I could get air through the tube. I then put some heat sink gel on the solder joints of the coil and soldered my hole shut. Now the coil works just like it should. I will assemble the entire gauge back together and see what happens but it should work.