Just picked up the driveshaft from the shop and could not be happier! Before I took it I was not sure how I was going to make the ends look good after the new tubes were welded on. I knew they would not match the pretty new tubes. It is not “correct” but I decided to bead blast the ends and just dip the ends of the shaft in my phosphate solution. This way when he cut them off they would still look ok. I knew when he welded it that it would burn some of it but it actually done better than I expected. The ends I assume were bare steel when new but I am happy with the phosphate. The center CV I phosphated also and NOS one I have found were also phosphate. The splined slip joint is NOS and the phosphate on it matches mine pretty well. Three of the U joints are NOS because I got them cheep, he supplied the 4th one. I had him not paint it and I plan to clear it just as it is, over the hotter looking welded spots and all. I will add the paint stripe and yellow mark on the front as well. I can’t tell what color the strip was and the inspection information I have says the Jetfire shaft had no color stripe but I will put one on it where the original strip was at. Just have to decide color.