Reply To: Driveshaft weak link

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Driveshaft weak link Reply To: Driveshaft weak link

jensenracing77
Participant

Had my 4 peed car on the lift taking things apart and noticed that the drive shaft in this car is not the same as any of the others. The front section is the same as my other 4 speed front section. This back section is the smaller diameter but this one was not made with the rubber damper layer like the small diameter Cutlass one. This drive shaft is heavily pitted so with it not having rubber in this one I am thinking about just getting the ends cut off and have a new tube welded in. Not sure yet what I will do for the drive shaft but wanted to post that this is a 4th version. .

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum