Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

macf85
Participant

I believe the back window in the Jetfire and Cutlass is the same, both 1962 and 1963. Here are some excerpts from the ’63 factory service manual for the back window. Steele does make the back window gasket. I used one and it worked great, no leaks. Here’s a copy of the Steele instructions. All of my trim clips for the top and side trim pieces are the same size. If the trim clips are the same from ’62 to ’63, I found some from Northland Fasteners back in 2006. Here is a photo of my old clip next to the new one from Northland. I’m not sure if they’re still in business but here is their contact info.
Northland Fasteners
615 Northeast 45th Terrace
Kansas City, Missouri 64166
(816) 453-7277
Windshield Reveal Moulding Fastener #2628 (a.k.a. NO2628)

You should need 14 clips. If they are no longer in business I have enough clips left over from my project I’d be willing to part with.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum