The harness that stretches under the hood is simply not going to do for this car. I cleaned it but it just is not good enough. I decided to retape the entire thing. I got some harness tape for it and also so high heat harness tape for where it runs under the turbo. The original high heat tape is a gooey mess from oil penetrating it. I am pulling all of it off and starting over. I stripped some of the tape off and wrapped each joint with blue tape to keep them in the proper arrangement. I will pull the blue tape off as I tape it all back together with the proper non adhesive wire harness tape. Hope to finish this tomorrow.
Also taking some shifter parts to a machinist tomorrow. Going to make a new rod that slides back and forth and make custom pins to tighten it up some.
Took 15 lbs of more bolts and hardware to be zinc plated. Some of the last batch went bad in storage and found another place I am trying. They explained what had happened to my last batch from the other place and how they can prevent that from happening. We will have to see. They are twice the price so it had better good.