Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Just talked to the body guy. He is having problems with it now. He has several hours in getting the paint to match correct but says he finely got it. He said that he sprayed some parts and something went wrong and turned out terrible. This is the first painting he has done since the old shop burned down. He said he is adjusting to the new booth and gun and other things. He said he sanded those parts down and painted them again and still not right. Now he is sanding them down again and trying something new. I ask him to send me a picture or two and he said absolutely not and that if I come to look that he wants no cameras in the shop till he has it right. He really don’t want me even coming over, lol. I told him I was going to have a fortune in this but he said he is not charging me for his mistakes and he has already ate $500 in paint and many hours in labor. At least he is honest and wants it right. He has a good name for great work so I can understand that he don’t want pictures. I just hope he has it figured out before pool season starts. If not, it will be next winter before it is done. 

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum