62 brakes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I may be a little confused. In my 62 Chassis service manual it says that with power brakes the car would have automatic adjusters on the brakes. Someone has made a mess of the brakes on our car. I have power brakes but 3 wheels have manual adjusters and the left front has an automatic adjuster. I want to have automatic all the way around. Where can i buy the complete spring kits and adjuster kits? Will i have to find good used? I plan to replace everything on all 4 corners as my next project.

macf85
    Participant

Any luck yet? You should be able to get spring kits from a local auto parts store still. The only self-adjuster kits I’ve seen are for 1964 on up, of course. I’ve seen early Corvair kits available on the web but they didn’t have a picture to compare the Olds parts with or they had a generic picture. I’ve never seen any NOS parts on ebay. If you can’t find anything you might try to get just one of the Corvair kits and compare it to the existing parts you have on the one wheel. Just a thought.

62oldsf85
    Participant

I’d try Northwest Auto Parts (they have a website). If I remember right, when I did my brake system overhaul a few years back they had everything brand new. I was using manual adjusters, though, so not sure on that part. If you have a part number on the automatic adjuster, they can usually locate the part.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum