Jetfire exhaust

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Ken told me about this place that has an exhaust system for the Jetfire. Has anyone ordered a system from them? It only lists for a 63 but i called them and the lady said she has sold them to people with 62s but never heard back from them. I am just wondering if anyone here has experience with this system.

http://waldronexhaust.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_49_84&products_id=4165

BruceM
    Participant

The picture on the Waldron’s site showed two mufflers. Apparently a forward one and then the rear transverse. Is that correct? I’ve never seen a Jetfire with two mufflers.

jensenracing77
    Participant

the picture is the same for most all there applications. Must be a stock picture. I talked to them and feel comfortable with them so far. They even have two types. One is for the carrier bearing that mounts to the floor and another for cars that have the bearing that mounts to the crossmember. Also 3 mufflers to pick from. One is like OEM then 2 higher flowing mufflers. I wonder if the highest flowing muffler would be to loud? I wouldn’t think so with already going through the Turbo and exiting through two 1 1/2″ pipes. They also said they have the prints for the pipes that connect to the turbo but are not included in the kit.

BruceM
    Participant

Sounds good. I will need to obtain exhaust parts for my restoration as well and thought I’d use Waldron after Ken recommended them. If you have a good experience with them, let us know. But, so far it sounds like they are a good resource.

Bruce

macf85
    Participant

I purchased a complete stainless steel exhaust system from Waldron’s for my F-85 Cutlass including the cross-over pipe. I ordered the single inlet – dual outlet muffler and tail pipes intended for the Jetfire. I believe the turbo muffler is a little more free-flowing but it is not too loud for my non-turbo car. Just a nice burble, nothing annoying. Everything fit perfect and I’m very happy with their service. Also, I bought a complete system for my 1962 Rambnler Classic and it fit perfectly as well.

macf85
    Participant

I purchased a complete stainless steel exhaust system from Waldron’s for my F-85 Cutlass including the cross-over pipe. I ordered the single inlet – dual outlet muffler and tail pipes intended for the Jetfire. I believe the turbo muffler is a little more free-flowing but it is not too loud for my non-turbo car. Just a nice burble, nothing annoying. Everything fit perfect and I’m very happy with their service. Also, I bought a complete system for my 1962 Rambler Classic and it fit perfectly as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum