Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Picked up a 4 speed jetfire Reply To: Picked up a 4 speed jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

Ken is sending me another master cylinder so I should be good now. I am having trouble getting the brake lines apart. I got them broke loose from the wheel cylinders but the line is stuck inside the nuts. I heated them a little and hit them with penetrating oil so I hope they will come loose soon without braking. I fear that the wheel cylinders will be as bad as the master cylinder was. I hope not but we will see.

I was able to find the stuck spot of the e-brake cable. I oiled it up good and heated it up so that it was warm to the touch. I did this 3 times before it broke loose. Now the e-brake works good.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum