Took a half day off work and got more done on this car. First, I finished the boost gauge install. It now works as it should thanks to John. Between his and the one in the car and an extra one I had I was able to put together a real nice one.
I then worked on the problem of it wanting to die on me. I found a clamp on the return line cutting off flow back to the tank. I removed this clamp and it got worse when I test drove it. I suspected all along that it was a fuel problem but decided to take some tools with me on another run and have my youngest girl with me. Next time it died I had her crank it while I was checking spark. For sure it was not electrical. It ended up starting again so we took off till it died again. This time I turned the key off and pushed in the clutch as quick as I could to keep the fuel pump from pumping any more. I took the float bowl cover off and sure enough the bowl was empty. The guy had D&D rebuild the engine and it had a rebuilt pump on it from D&D when he got it back. He had found that I had an NOS Jetfire pump so he decided to buy it from me and swap out the one D&D put on it. Looks like the NOS pump went bad. I will put the one back on it from D&D and see how it goes.
It was missing the clove box and a new one came in today from Fusick. I got that installed also.