Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

I went out to the body guys house today and put a temporary rear end and front end in the car just to get it home. I felt bad putting nasty used suspension on the car even though it is only to transport it home. I will not bring the shell home till later this week or Saturday. I have to figure out where to put the hood and fenders because I will not be installing them any time soon. I am so far behind on this car that it may not even make it to the MCACN show. I will not get in a hurry so if I make it or not don’t really matter. If I don’t make it to MCACN then the 2021 Nationals will be its first big show. The paint job is far better quality than original but I also did not have him go to the extreme. I also have to paint the black under the fender wells and back wheel wells. I had planned to do that myself. I wanted the over spray like the factory did and then paint the black over it like original. I did not want to pay him to try to duplicate it like my wife’s original paint car so I figure I can do that with the two cars side by side.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum