Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

People think that I am crazy on this one but I am reusing the original weatherstripping, fuzzy’s, and rubber door sweeps. The weatherstripping is not mint but it is still very nice, the fuzzy’s and rubber sweeps are nearly mint. I can always replace it later if I need to but this original stuff is still nice and pliable. I washed it with dish soap and a tooth brush. Took a lone time for it to completely dry in the sun. Had water inside the foam for a long while. I have temporary trim pieces holding the headliner so those look funny for now, I will install the original stuff closer to when I have the interior done. 

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum