Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire Reply To: Restoration of our 62 4 speed Jetfire

jensenracing77
Participant

The passenger side glass is done and the back driver side glass is done. I will get back tot he driver door glass at a later time. I have moved on to the engine because I needed to get some of it cleaned up before cold weather comes. For a year I have been back and forth on if I wanted to do a full rebuild on the engine. I have decided to leave the rotating assembly alone. The cylinders look great, it ran great and used no oil. The rear main seal was not leaking either. I have an NOS cam that is going in it and NOS head gaskets. The deck and heads are very nice and flat so I don’t see any problem with using the NOS steal shim head gaskets. I will replace the timing set and oil pump. I also have had the water pump and balancer rebuilt. I do plan to slip the old cam and timing set back on it to check where the cam is at with the original timing set so that I can match it with the new timing set and NOS cam.

The paint on the heads don’t match the original paint splotches perfectly but close enough.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum