1962 f85 convertible upholstery

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1962 f85 convertible upholstery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    raphel
    Participant

Hello,

I have a 1962 f85 convertible and am looking for a upholstery kit. I have found one for a 1963 and wondering if it’s the same seat configuration?

It looks identical to me.

Or, do you know of anyone who sells these for a 62?

Thanks

jensenracing77
    Participant

The 63 interior is all that is available. The seat covers and door panels will fit but has a different pattern to them.

joe_padavano
    Participant

SMS sells the upholstery materials and can make the correct heat-sealed door panels.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Door panels from SMS run about $900. Have to have the seats made up by a local shop from SMS material if you want orig material and pattern, not cheap. The seat upholstery is expensive to have done since they are tuck and roll and it takes more time ($s), you can cheat on it with just stitched seams rather than tuck and droll and ii’s cheaper and comes out pretty good. Don’t know anyone who makes up 62 upholstery for the Olds. Also, Buick Skylark sets are available and I believe they fit, different patterns someone here may know better.

joe_padavano
    Participant

Ames Performance sells upholstery for the Tempest, which also fits. Of course, none of those options will be correct.

It cost me just under $900 for door and rear quarter panels for my 67 Delta from SMS, so that number is accurate as of a month ago. I also got all the turquoise upholstery materials and headliner for the 67 from them as well. Certainly not cheap, but where else are you going to get this stuff. Despite horror stories about service, my materials arrived exactly ten days after ordering. Door panels are supposed to be done in another month or so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum