62 tv linkage

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    joe_padavano
    Participant

Here’s my home-made linkage for the E-brock.

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Here is the stock linkage set-up for a factory 2GC, 4GC and the RC carbs.If you go to an aftermarket carb, you will have to make your own linkage to accomplish the same function.

Attachments:
    captiannapalm
    Participant

As far as I know this is the original qjet carb…..Anyone have an extra ?

JimNoel
    Participant

Rochester Products division of GM, Quadrajet carbs were 1st introduced in 1965. If you have a Qjet carb on your 215 V-8, it is NOT stock, as issued. The 1961-63’s were all 2GC or 4GC carbs except Jetfire with the 1bbl RC carb. If you want to go stock you should be looking for a 4GC and linkage.

joe_padavano
    Participant

The cheezy adapter plate should be your first clue that the Qjet is not factory. The fact that the Qjet didn’t exist until the 1966 model year (for Oldsmobile) should be your second clue.

Doesn’t anyone read the factory service manual?

captiannapalm
    Participant

So in looking on line for the correct carb, I see that there were serveral variations of the 4GC for 1962. To make sure I am getting the correct carb, do they interchange? I have seen several but they are for chevys.

JimNoel
    Participant

Here are the carb numbers for 1962 and 1963 4GC carbs. All F-85 Cutlass for either year should be using 4GC carbs. In looking for a carb for your 62, I would go for the 1963, part# 7023054 if not then the 1962 part# 7022752

Attachments:
    captiannapalm
    Participant

Thanks Jim….

captiannapalm
    Participant

So any idea what the cfm is of the o.e. carbs?

captiannapalm
    Participant

So after 2 months I found an original 4gc carb off of a 62 F85. Had it profesionally rebuilt by Don Monroe. Had the shop install and while at it do a tune up… plugs, wires..the works..Thank GOD for that. Found out previous owner cross threaded # 5 and #6 plugs. Off to the machine shop.. Anyway just got it back and it is still hard to start, and stalls when put into gear. (AUTO)…Called the shop and they said the carb has a flat spot….maybe the float maybe the accelerator pump. Said the choke is working… Called Mr. Monroe and he couldnt understand what the shop meant by a flat spot..Now if you are not familiar with Don Monroe, He has been rebuilding carbs for ovet 50 years. If your a memeber of the
    Oldsmobile Club of America you see his ad in the JWO classifieds….Anyway… Anyone run into this issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum