Wanted: Parts needed to finish my 1963 Jetfire
Any help will be appreciated.
Must be in very nice or NOS.
1. Pair of horns(still can’t get mine to work)
2. Phillips head fender bolts(4)
3. Curved bumper bolts ( the dummy ones on the side)
4. Rocker panel ends(two sets)
5. Need a better rear bumper ( I know I can get mine replated )
6. Need a nice alum door sill
7. Very nice arrow for the front of my fender (1)
8. Very nice end of the trim on the quarter (1)
I could never find N.O.S. end bumper bolts. My originals self-destructed when I took my bumpers off. I ended up using ones I found at Restoration Specialties that were for either a 1937 or a 1939 DeSoto. Don’t know the part number, I lost the receipt for it. They have an oval shaped head that is a little longer than the original but has the same contour to fit around the rounded bumper end.
Also, I got my horns working again by energizing them with a battery and tapping on them with a rubber mallet. Eventually they started blowing again.