1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    kid442
    Participant

I have a lot of stories about this car. Getting some of the parts cars was a real trip. Parted out 7/8 63 Jetfires and Cutlasses. I have a real good story I will save for a later date.
    Got the hood on the car today. Will post a few photos monday. One very cool story is where the motor came from. Got a call from a guy who I am still in touch with. He had a complete running motor for sale. We got talking about what kind of car he had it in. He explained it was not in a car but a tractor. Thought is was odd so I asked why? It was in a tractor pull tractor. He could out pull all the tractors in the area but not one guy. His only option was small block Chevy to compete and that was why he was selling it. I took a chance and it was and is one sweet running motor. When I sold the car the first time a good friend want to take it for a test drive. He owned on new and now the car was 20 years old. He and my dad took it out and when they got back my father said I drove it like a girl! He said Clint was able to get rubber in all four gears. It was quick in 1987 and I expect it to be better. Have a 3:36 posi on the work bench to clean up before I install it!! I will get the next story ready in a few weeks.
    Ken

kid442
    Participant

OK its leaving for paint friday after a road trip to Hershey.
    Wish me luck!!!
    Ken

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

OK we have paint. Should have the car in a couple of weeks. Then final assembly!

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Looks good Ken. When do you plan on having it road ready again?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Looking great! It will be nice having another one on the road again.

The engine I got from you was a big hit at the MCACN show in Chicago this past weekend. It had a line of people that formed just to get a look at it.

kid442
    Participant

Mac
    I have driven it around but no lights or boost. I would think it should take a month to get it put back together.

Eric
    Sound like a great show and time!!
    Be well to all
    ken

kid442
    Participant

All right the painted Jetfire is in the house. Mow for a whole lot of work to go!
    Take a look!!!

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

Quick update. Getting started. Bought over $100 in molding clips.
    Ken

Attachments:
    kid442
    Participant

Nice day today had the car out so I took a few photos to update on the progress.

[blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Looking great! I am going to have to make it out your way again so I can see it.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum