Jetfire HD Cooling System Rebuild?

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts Jetfire HD Cooling System Rebuild?

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    oaklyss
    Participant

I did not need to rebuild my clutch, but if you search the web you will find people. I think there is a Corvette guy that does them also.

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Just finished doing all the fabrication to set up a HD cooling system in my Cutlass without having any of the F85 HD cooling components so went to available new stuff. Set up is as described earlier in this thread with 26×16.5″ crossflow 209567B (actual size was 25.75″) alum rad blank set up by Northern Factory with original style in and outlelts/ ran about $300 for the fabbed up rad, Northern eng driven shroud blank, D&D short pulley, Hayden 2765 fab clutch, and Flexlite 15″ fan clutch fan. Lower mounts copy downflow rad factory mounts-upper mount directs grill air to upper portion of rad at speed and for shroud pull Wouldn’t go this far with the Jetfires we are doing but may go to the smaller hub WP, short pulley, and fan clutch for dependability and accessibility to replaceable components when on a road trip. Clearance to rad from fan clutch is 3/8 to 1/2″ depending on how you set it up. No mods to the car itself and maintained all orig parts or the orig basic system. Shroud is mocked up in picture and I am going to welder next week.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum