'62 F-85 Outside Rear View Mirror Wanted

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts '62 F-85 Outside Rear View Mirror Wanted

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jbkish
    Participant

Sorry about that i must have a 63 mirror on my 62.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Philhahn62 had the correct mirror and we made a deal. Mirror is in hand and will go on my car tonight!
    I just wanted to thank Phil and close out this topic.
    Jim

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

I have a good original door mirror like the picture in the first post, but the glass is broken out. Did I see somewhere there was common aftermarket mirror with the right size glass that could be removed and glued into the 62 F85 mirror?

Glass shops can cut mirror for it but it’s not “automotive non-glare mirror”, they say it diffuses headlights and glares at night.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks much for the offer! I did purchase one from Phil some time ago and have just what I need for now. I do have a good mirror glass with a broken frame for a ’62 if someone else is interested in your housing and would want my mirror glass? I also have the spring and mirror keeper ring. They did not use any glue.
    Thanks, Jim

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Sorry Jim, not looking to sell, looking for a mirror glass for my good frame for my car. Like to talk on that glass. Send you a PM.

perkinsrk1963
    Keymaster

Here is an article that Jim Noel wrote about air filters:
    http://oldsjetfire.com/air-filters/

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi,
    I sent you back a email but I see my old article about air cleaners got posted?? If you didn’t get my email regarding rear view mirror glass & parts, send me a new email.
    Jim

62cutlassconvert
    Participant

Hi Jim.

Just sent a new PM with my new email address

Thanks
    Layne

captiannapalm
    Participant

I found a mirror, but need the bracket. I also noticed that the drivers mirror is not a 62 f85. Its either a 63, or a Olds full size according to the images in Fusick

ncuevas79
    Participant

Does anyone have a lead on a rear outside mirror? The whole thing as I’d like to add the option to my 62’ Cutlass.

Get at me @ ncuevas7991@yahoo.com or reply here I’ll be checking as I’d really love to have

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum