62 hood grease pencil marking

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts 62 hood grease pencil marking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Just wanted to share what i found while installing new insulation. When i got this Jetfire I wondered what the grease pencil marking was under the hood insulation. You could see that there was something there from the turbo opening in the insulation. Well… it is 147 with a circle around it. 3147 is the model number for the Jetfire so i guess they marked it so the workers would know to cut out the fluid cap and turbo holes in the insulation or that it was punched for the Jetfire only dual hood spears.

Attachments:
    62turbojet
    Participant

Interesting!

jensenracing77
    Participant

got the hood insulation done. I got a couple wrinkles in it but i will just have to live with it. I can’t fix it without getting a new pad.

Attachments:
    macf85
    Participant

Looks good. The wrinkles will probably work themselves out over time.

62turbojet
    Participant

Very cool. Where did you get the pad material from?

jensenracing77
    Participant

Fusick has them. it is also perforated for the turbo and fluid cap to be cut out if it is going on a Jetfire. it is also perforated for other applications so you have to be carefull to cut out the right spots.

jensenracing77
    Participant

Just noticed these on our 4 speed car. Looks like they must have done this to most of the cars if not all. I think I will just dedicate this thread to factory markings. If anyone has other factory markings please post them here. May be a great source for restoration information if every can post little details like these. I have some more I will post here.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Here is a tag I just found today on the right front brake drum of our automatic car.

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I am sure most everyone has seen these but thought I would post them anyway. The typical inner fender inspection stamps. Also the stamping on the voltage regulator. I have only seen this on 3 cars. Not sure it is on all cars and some were changed out or or just on some cars?

Attachments:
    jensenracing77
    Participant

Driver side radiator tank, upper and lower radiator hose.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum