wiper wiring digram for 62 cutlass

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts wiper wiring digram for 62 cutlass

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    captiannapalm
    Participant

I had it mounted in the dash, and it did not work, that’s my dilemma

JimNoel
    Participant

Here is the wiring from the Oldsmobile Service Manual. Hope this helps you!

Attachments:
    captiannapalm
    Participant

thank you. I’m still waiting for my manual

captiannapalm
    Participant

I got that switch in as tight as I can get it, and still it does not work. I know it works cuz I grounded out by accident as it touched the underside of the dash. I still cannot get them to work, now I also lost the estuchion…

kels
    Participant

Run a jumper wire fro the switch housing to your wiper motor mount plate.. this should fix your issues

captiannapalm
    Participant

I wouldn’t even know where to begin to do that.

kels
    Participant

Just take a wire and run it from the switch housing to the mounting plate of the wiper motor. This iwll tie them together with the same ground.. Now, your switch should function properly… It sounds like they are not sharing the same ground.. They MUST in order to work because the the switch must ground the motor to make it work..

captiannapalm
    Participant

anyone know where to find a bezel nut tool for this?

captiannapalm
    Participant

So after finally having the chance to figure this all out. I have a bad switch. everything installed push the washer button wipers turn on til i release it. turn the switch on.. nothing. searched all over and have yet to find one…anyone know where i could find one?

jensenracing77
    Participant

I will look but I should have one NOS. Is yours 2 speed with wash or one speed with wash. I should have both. I even have them without wash

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum