I need an original upper radiator hose

Home Page Forums Discussion Topics – Ask the Experts I need an original upper radiator hose

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jensenracing77
    Participant

I tried to send an email but don’t think it worked. I will have to use your hose. I don’t think i can offer much other than shipping though. I hope they can supply you an extra for the use of it. If not, I could offer to buy you an extra or work something out. If you have pay pal get me your address and i will cover shipping. Thanks

My address is
    Eric Jensen
    6933 N CR 400 E
    Brazil IN 47834

johnsage
    Participant

I’ll try to get it shipped out to you tomorrow. Forget the cost, I’ll gladly cover that. I’m sure we all appreciate your efforts to find a place to get them made.

macf85
    Participant

Hey Eric, I’m interested in getting one too. Do you have any more info on cost per piece and how long it would take to produce it? I assume you would need $ up front? I plan on attending the OCA Nationals in Springfield and would really like to get it before then if possible. I’ve been looking for N.O.S. for too long. The repro will probably be better anyway since it’ll be made of new materials. Thanks again for doing this.
    Don

jensenracing77
    Participant

I have no idea what they will price them at. I can say that they make one for another car that would be as uncommon as ours. That one is $35. I think this one is longer and also sharper bends so I would not be surprised if it will be a little more. They will not even know till after it is examined. I would not think it would be ready before the nationals but I don’t know that either.

I can say I have direct contact to the owner now and no longer have to go through the middle man. I will be able to let you know who it is soon. We should not have to put a deposit on them because I think they will make it a stock item till they run out. We will buy them direct from them after they are made. Some of you will likely know of the company but I am not to say anything yet.

Thanks for all the input guys and thanks to John for supplying the hose!

62oldsf85
    Participant

I’d order one as well. My oem one crapped out last year. I am currently using a slightly modified ford hose sold by napa. It works okay, but the sharp bend binds it a little. Id prefer the correct shape and length.

kid442
    Participant

Eric,
    Count on me for at least 1 maybe two!
    Ken

jensenracing77
    Participant

Is this hose Jetfire ONLY? I thought I seen where someone said it also fits 61-63 f-85 and Cutlass with A/C? I need to know for sure and can not find it in a parts book. If it is Jetfire Only it will be a little harder to convince them to make it. I think they still would but it will make the price go up more. I am not sure what you guys are willing to pay. I made a comment to see what the reaction would be. I said, “I would be willing to pay $75 each and I want 3 but not sure what the others would be willing to pay”. He said “I am sure they will not be that much”

Please let me know soon if you have a way to look it up.

thanks

johnsage
    Participant

The 63 parts catalog lists part no. 585964 for 1962 & 1963 J/fire or 1963 C.A.C. I assume the 1963 C.A.C is the big car but it’s a little confusing to me. This catalog has no special listing for 61-63 Cutlass with A/C.

JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    This upper radiator hose is for 1962 to 1963 F-85’s that used the cross flow radiator. This includes all 1962 and 63 Jetfires, all 1963 F-85’s with A/C and all 1963 F-85’s that were ordered with the “Special duty Engine Cooling” option V-01. Now, that being said, there are not many of these cars left! The hose number is 585964 and the cross flow radiator, with overflow hose system, for Jetfire and A/C cars is number 3157947.
    Radiators001

Attachments:
    JimNoel
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    This upper radiator hose is for 1962 to 1963 F-85’s that used the cross flow radiator. This includes all 1962 and 63 Jetfires, all 1963 F-85’s with A/C and all 1963 F-85’s that were ordered with the “Special duty Engine Cooling” option V-01. Now, that being said, there are not many of these cars left! The hose number is 585964 and the cross flow radiator, with overflow hose system, for Jetfire and A/C cars is number 3157947.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Articles

Turbo System Safety Checks

Turbo System Safety Checks

The safety components of the factory designed turbo system have some interactive groups of safety "c...(read article)

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

Engine Front Drive Pulleys

The standard drive pulley has one groove. It drives the water pump/fan and alternator or generator. ...(read article)

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

1961-1963 F85 Car and Option Prices

Attached to this article is PDF file containing an extensive list of car and option pricing for 1961...(read article)

OldsJetfire Forum